» EX-Footballer's Corpse Found After 2-Years In Anambra by: Webdinet .:. Fri, 06 Feb, 2015 - 07:33:00:am GMT

The corpse of Stephen Aloefuna, a former footballer with Rangers International Football Club in the 1980s was recently discovered in his family house in Amikwo Village in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra state.

The late footballer had passed away about 2 years ago from mental illness.

Miss Ngozi Aloefuna, the sister of Stephen, who is a popular food vendor at Eke-Awka market in the state, is now in trouble for keeping the remains of her late younger brother for the past two years until it had decomposed to a skeleton.

According to The Sun report, the remains of the deceased was discovered by one of his brothers, named Ifeanyi, who pressed Ngozi to show him where Stephen had been buried. She then led him to the room where he beheld the terrifying skeleton of the late Stephen.

When he saw his brother's skeleton, he raised an alarm which drew the attention of the neighbours. The neighbours were shocked by the sight as they could not believe they had been living with a decomposing corpse for the past two years.

Some residents of Amikwo Village are accusing Ngozi of mischievously using her late brother's body parts to cook the food she sells to the public in the market, as nothing could explain why she locked up his remains in a room for two years.

When the neighbours descended on her, demanding an explanation, she failed to explain why she hid the corpse, thereby increasing the people's speculation that she had something sinister rolled up her sleeves.

Speaking on the matter, Ngozi denied killing her brother.

She said: "I am innocent. I did not kill my brother. Everybody knew he had a mental problem and was seriously sick before he died. Before he died, I was the only person that was taking care of him for years and nobody asked me how he was faring until he died. They said I killed him and used his body to prepare the food that I sell but only God knows the truth. I leave it for God to judge."

According to her, after her brother died, she called their elder brother, that was living outside the state but he warned nothing to do with it. Since she could not bury him alone, she left the corpse in a room and covered him.

"I decided to cover him till he comes back because only I cannot bury him. After two years of his death, some of our family members came and asked of him and I told them he is dead and they said I should show them his grave. I opened his room and showed them where he died. Then I was arrested and taken to the police station," she explained.

Her relations insisted that she was innocent of any diabolical act. A member of the family who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed that the late Stephen had suffered mental problem for many years before his death.

Ngozi was said to have done all she could do for him to recover from his sickness but all her efforts proved abortive.

For the past two years, the corpse was denied a proper burial and abandoned in the room, where it decomposed to bones.

It was gathered that the Stephen's remains were taken to the police station, while Ngozi was detained and interrogated for some days. She was later granted bail when some of her kindred intervened.

The remains of the deceased was later buried by their relatives in their family compound.

Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Uche Eze, said investigations were ongoing.



Views (759) .:. Likes (0) .:. Dislikes (0)